DR STEVEN E. MAJOR D.C., DACRB
Dr. Steven Major attended National College of Chiropractic earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology and a Doctorate in Chiropractic (1988). He established a private practice in February of 1989 in Carol Stream, Illinois and has continued to serve the western suburbs since that time. His current practice is located in Wheaton, where he treats a multitude of musculoskeletal conditions and specializes in the treatment and rehabilitation of sports and spine related injuries.
Dr. Major continues to stay current on manual therapy and rehabilitation techniques by attending numerous seminars throughout the year. In fact, Major Chiropractic was honored to host 13 post-graduate seminars in 2014 approved by National University of Health Sciences for doctors and interns to continue to expand their expertise in sports injuries and rehabilitation.
Dr. Major also serves as a consultant to Xendurance Nutrition company, assisting in the development of programs around their premier SPORTS PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMETS
• Licensed Chiropractic Physician by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
• Member of the American Chiropractic Association
• Member of the American Chiropractic Association Rehab Council
• Adjunct Faculty Member for National University of Health Sciences
• Diplomate in Rehabilitation, American Chiropractic Board of Rehabilitation
• Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner (CFMP)
• Level 2 Certified Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Medical Professional
• Certified in Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
• Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM)
• Performance Exercise Specialist (NASM)
• Certified in Functional Movement Systems (FMS)
• Level I Certification – Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)
• Certified in Acupuncture
• Certified Level 1 Coach – U.S. Track and Field Association
• U.S. team Chiropractor for the World Series of Volleyball in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 1994
• Former team Chiropractor for the Pepsi/Schwinn Cycling team (also team member for 7 seasons.)
• Competed with the USA Bobsled Federation 1981-83, 7th at the 4-man National Championships and 5th in 4-man North American Championships
• Member of team that qualified to participate in the 11 day Eco-Challenge Borneo, Malaysia
• Past Presenter for Illinois Track & Cross Country Coaches Association
• Currently consults with local high school & college sports programs on strength and performance development.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Dr. Major enjoys spending time with his wife Lin and his family. He enjoys swimming, weight training, kayaking and cycling for personal fitness and is an avid hunter (carnivore)! As a former athlete Dr. (coach) Major spends time working with athletes to help them achieve their best performance.